Rumpel SA is an independent, highly successful SME in the screw machining sector. Founded in 1932, the company currently employs a workforce of around 50 people.
Using the most up-to-date equipment, we manufacture smaller and larger production runs, turned parts, shafts and special screws. We produce the required parts according to your specifications, using all current materials, in diameters ranging from 4 to 65 mm and with a maximum length of up to 600 mm.
We process predominantly machining steels, as well as various types of stainless steel and aluminium. Depending on the size and complexity of the production run, we produce workpieces on CNC multi-spindle and turning centres and long-part lathes.
Further certifications according to ISO 13485:2016 and ISO 14001:2015
Rumpel & Cie will be transformed into a public limited company.
With effect backdated to 1 January 2020, we are now called Rumpel SA.
Quality management through ISO 9001:2015 certification.
Replacement of the old QA system and certification of quality management in accordance with the international norm SN EN ISO 9001:2000. Complete renewal of the IT system and establishment of the DNC network for the CNC and reworking departments.
Merging of the separated departments in a further new building at Bachmatten 8, which now provides a production area of more than 2000 m².
The bar-turning sector and raw materials warehouse move in to the newly built factory building at Bachmatten 7 in Niederdorf, which has a production area of 800 m². The offices, reworking department and shipping remain in Oberdorf.
Purchase of more than 9,000 m² of land in the Bachmatten industrial zone in Niederdorf.
Building extension at Einmattstrasse in Oberdorf.
Change of legal form to the general partnership J. & A. Rumpel.
The company was able to build its own small factory (6 × 28 m) at Eimattstrasse 38 in Oberdorf.
1932 Hermann Berger and Josef Rumpel-Berger founded the current company, Rumpel SA, as an individual enterprise. With five employees, the company produced simple turned parts, screws and washers on fairly old Swiss-type automatic lathes from Tornos.